Las Colinas Spine Pain
Many people who suffer from back pain in the Las Colinas area are concerned about the treatment, and for good reason. Back pain can be a severe issue that affects your lifestyle and may result from any number of different issues, from vertebral fractures all the way to pulled muscles or even a bulging intervertebral disc. When you have this type of back pain, it can be quite difficult to get relief. Fortunately, The Neuro & Spine Wellness Center is there to assist you and to ensure that you have the proper treatment for the issue.
When most of us experience spine pain, the first thing that we do is reach for a pain reliever. Unfortunately, a simple nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is available over the counter is not typically enough to really attack the pain that you are experiencing. Other self-help options, such as massage or stretching may give relief on a limited basis, but it may not be enough to get you back to your active lifestyle again. If you live in the Las Colinas area or anywhere in the DalLas Metroplex and are suffering from this problem, you can contact The Neuro & Spine Wellness Center to help get you back on your feet again.
People who come to our center are often interested in getting rid of the pain that already exists. It can be in any part of the back or it may even be other issues, such as migraine headaches. There may be a number of different options that we could recommend and in some cases, it may be possible to get some relief immediately with a spinal injection. This type of procedure puts the medication directly to the area that is experiencing inflammation and pain. Not only does it provide a steroid that reduces the pain, it also provides medication that helps to relieve the pain immediately.
Unfortunately, there are some times when even a spinal injection is not going to help with the problem. In these cases, it may be necessary to consider a surgical treatment, and that is a matter of stress for most people who are facing that decision. The fact of the matter is, back pain may be an issue resulting from any number of different problems, from skeletal or back diseases, such as arthritis and scoliosis or it could be muscle tension, damaged discs or muscle spasms. In any case, back pain can be debilitating and it is something that you want to have treated.
Las Colinas Spine Pain treatments
There are a number of surgical options that may be available. It is important to recognize that your condition may require a specific type of surgery. That is why The Neuro & Spine Wellness Center always considers you as an individual, and we look at everything involved to determine the best course of action to treat and cure your problem.
Although there are many different types of surgeries that may be considered for spine pain, here are a few that you may want to consider.
- Diskectomy - This is perhaps the most common surgical procedure done on the back. It is done to remove a part of the vertebrae to relieve tension on the nerve.
- Spinal Fusion - This type of procedure fuses two or more vertebrae together to help stabilize the spine. It is typically done when a vertebral fracture occurs.
- Laminectomy - When this type of surgery is recommended, it can help to relieve pressure on the nerves if you have spinal stenosis.
- Disc Replacement - When you have a problem with degenerative disc disease, your doctor may decide that it is best to replace the affected disc with an artificial disc.
- VertebropLasty - A noninvasive type of procedure, it injects cement into the vertebrae, typically because the vertebrae is fractured or to stabilize the vertebrae if you have a compressed disk.
- IDET - Intradiscal electrothermal therapy is another noninvasive type of surgical procedure in which a needle is heated to high temperatures and inserted to the affected disc through a catheter.
Millions of people throughout the United States, including many in Las Colinas, experience a problem with back pain regularly. Not only can it be a serious health issue, it can affect your day-to-day life and keep you from living life to the full. If you are suffering from this type of problem, there is no need to continue to suffer. The professionals at The Neuro & Spine Wellness Center are here to help you. We can diagnose the problem and offer you a solution that will work for your specific needs.